Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Neighborhood Ambassador Profile: Hannah Rees

Meet Ambassador #9, Hannah Rees!


Hi, I'm Hannah Rees, and I'm originally from Whitefish, Montana. Among the places I've lived have also been Buena Vista, Salida, and Monarch Pass, all in Colorado and Hood River, Oregon.  I graduated high school in Hood River and am excited to add Missoula to the list of towns where I have been lucky enough to live! I am studying to be a Counseling Psychologist at the University of Montana, and I am working to earn a minor in Women's and Gender Studies as well. 

As a result of living in so many outdoor-oriented towns, I love to be outside!  I enjoy walking, hiking, biking, swimming, camping, kayaking and much more. Missoula is the perfect place for me to be because of all the awesome activities the area offers. One of my favorite things about living in Missoula, besides the awesome education opportunities and beautiful location, is the rich community involvement. Missoulians are proud of their University, and I think that students are proud to be a part of such a close knit community. Many students show their appreciation and take advantage of community opportunities by volunteering, and participating in community sponsored events. Missoula is home away from home to so many out of state students, and it quickly becomes just as beloved as their original hometowns. 

I am extremely excited to have the opportunity to be a Neighborhood Ambassador, and look forward to enriching the lives of students and community members by helping to work on neighborhood relationships as well as organizing and participating in many community events! It is my goal to help bridge the gap between home owners and renters by encouraging positive communication and relationships and lending my abilities as a student to help create understanding among members of this great community. 

No comments:

Post a Comment