Monday, November 12, 2012

Neighborhood Ambassador Profile: Alex Clark

Meet Neighborhood Ambassador #2, Alex Clark!



My name is Alex, I was born and raised in Helena, Montana. I am the youngest of five children with the best parents a person could ask for. My favorite sport is soccer, which I played at the club level growing up. After graduating from Helena High in 2007, I lived in Bozeman for a year and a half and played with a reggae-rock band. It was an interesting experience, but after a while the nine-to-five got old and I decided it was time to return to school. MSU didn’t seem like a good fit for me so I moved to Missoula!

I am currently a junior working towards Majors in History and Philosophy with a Minor in Latin American Studies. I am not entirely sure what I want to do after graduation. In a perfect world I will be awarded a scholarship to study abroad. In reality, I will probably teach debate and high school History for a few years before going into some other field, grad school, or law school.

No matter what I do, or where I go, Montana will always be my home. This is simply the greatest state in the Union. I grew up skiing, hiking, fishing, and camping. When I was still in my mother’s womb, she summited the nose of the Sleeping Giant. My favorite place I have been in Montana, besides the obvious Yellowstone and Glacier, is Summit Lake in the Spanish Peaks, near Big Sky.

There are many things I plan to do and see. Most importantly, I plan on working towards a more sustainable future for generations to come. I have been tremendously fortunate to be able to enjoy the striking beauty of our state’s environment and I want to make sure that my great-grandchildren will have same opportunity. Sustainability, however, is a global issue. That is why it is important to build networks of communication of ideas and solutions globally. This is part of the reason I am so interested in traveling. As awesome as Montana is, there is plenty more to learn from others across the globe. 

Today I am a Neighborhood Ambassador, tomorrow maybe I will be the Ambassador to Chile. I have had a very fortunate upbringing that has provided the inspiration to set my sights high. No matter where I land, though, I will always carry with me the Montana ethic of friendliness, honesty, and hard work. I look forward to serving the University and our neighborhood and encourage anyone to come forward with ideas of how to improve our little mountain community. Go Griz!
           
            

No comments:

Post a Comment